Morning sickness affects more than 60% of pregnant women and is a common issue during pregnancy. Nausea and vomiting can be one of the first signs of pregnancy & it can occur any time of the day. It usually begins around the 6th week of pregnancy and for most women; it seems to stop after the 12th week of pregnancy.
Usually morning sickness is not harmful to you or your baby, but if you experience excessive vomiting and cannot manage to keep your food down, you may have a condition called Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
Here are some Ayurvedic tips you can follow to combat morning sickness:
- Right after you get up from bed snack on dry crackers. This helps to reduce the nauseated feeling.
- Take a few cardamom seeds, roast, powder and eat some through the day.
- Take two cloves, grind and mix with a teaspoon of honey. Lick this for instant relief.
- Sipping warm Tea prepared mixing ginger powder or fennel seeds also helps a lot.
- Boil mint leaves and inhale the vapors for some relief.
- Sleep in a semi-reclined position by placing a pillow.
- Salted potato chips are found to soothe the stomach
- An early morning walk along with pranayama eases the sick feeling.
Now that you have a run through of all things that helps you to reduce morning sickness, you can sail through your pregnancy with much ease. Just try out these tips and feel the difference…